Building a Business That People Will Want to Buy.
Learn how you can make your business attractive to buyers, increase profits and reduce the time and effort you put into managing your small or medium sized business.
This three-hour workshop teaches attendees what scares off buyers and how to employ a strategy to not only increase the value of a business in the eyes of a buyer but make more money and free up more time in the present.
The workshop is intended for current and future entrepreneurs. Students will learn Barnett’s 12+1 step program for systematizing a small business that is already operating day-to-day.
This workshop is for you if:
- You want to buy or start a business or already own one.
- You want to make your business more profitable.
- You want to make your business easier to manage.
- You want to increase your vacation and family time while being a business owner.
- You want to ensure your business will sell quickly and for the best price when the time comes to sell.
OVERVIEW OF SEMINAR
- What do buyers look for?
- How are businesses valued?
- What problems keep buyers from moving forward?
- How can we make the business more attractive?
- How can we implement business management systems quickly and easily with minimal interruption in our opertion?
- David Barnett's Secret 12+1 step business systematization process.
Buying an Existing Business
Why start from scratch? Buying an existing business can offer you a head start in the world of business ownership.
In this workshop participants will learn:
- The advantages of buying an existing business over starting a new business
- The difference between a buyer-lead acquisition process vs. a seller initiated process
- How to approach a potential opportunity using intermediaries
- The key information for analysis, due-diligence and determining a fair value
- How to finance the purchase
- Which experts to involve and when you will need them, such as accountants, lawyers, brokers, bankers, etc.
1/2 or 1 day
Increase Your Visibility - Promote Your Business!
This workshop is targeted to companies who have already identified the characteristics of their target market but now want to know the best way to promote to that group.
Choosing the best advertising or promotion medium is often difficult for small businesses. Where to spend it (direct mail, brochures, membership associations, newspaper, radio, etc.) and how much to spend are questions entrepreneurs often asked.
This workshop will help you uncover:
- Your objectives and your message
- Branding’s role in business promotion
- What makes for a great promotional tool (best practices)
- Mass media strengths and weaknesses
- How to develop good on-line promotional tools (best practices)
- Strengths and weaknesses of other promotional options
- The importance of evaluating and ROI
1/2 or 1 day
Steps to Business Exit/Succession Planning: Winding Up or Winding Down Your Business
Many people plan to get into business but very few take the time to plan how they will get out. Proper planning can ensure that you have as many options available to you as possible.
This session will examine:
- Timeline to consider for retirement
- How to calculate business value/worth
- Selling to outside buyers vs. inside buyers
- How transitioning differs from selling liquidating a business
- Your goals in succession
Whether you plan to retire or sell your business in the near future or in 5 or 10 years, this workshop will provide you with valuable information through real-life examples and demonstrations.