Wendy has 40+ years experience as a trainer, consultant, evaluator, and mediator. She has worked with over 300 non-profits in areas ranging from governance and strategic planning to training, human resource management, and evaluation. Wendy is also a certified mediator and trainer in Interest-based Negotiation and Facilitation. She spent 10 years as a senior faculty member of UPEI’s Centre for Life-Long Learning where she specialized in conflict resolution for the not-for-profit sector.
Wendy’s other key areas of expertise include:
• Governance – providing training and consultation on a wide range of issues related to the roles, responsibilities and best practices of Boards of Directors including policy development, member relations, fiduciary duties, democratic decision-making, and human resource and volunteer management.
• Evaluation and organizational reviews: designing and carrying out participatory evaluations on programs, operations and governance; conducting reviews or audits to assess and make recommendations about the organization’s structure, governance, human and financial management, policies and procedures, programs and services.
• Strategic Planning and Organizational Development – designing and facilitating strategic planning sessions, developing and assessing social enterprise ideas, conducting feasibility studies, preparing business plans, structural analysis and development, operations and human resource management.
• Conflict Management - using interest-based processes (i.e. mediation/facilitation) to help group’s resolve conflicts between staff, board, volunteers or clients; working with groups to develop policies and procedures that minimize conflict; providing training to groups that help build skills and knowledge to resolve and prevent conflict.
This interactive course is designed for boards, directors and senior staff of non profits and aimed at building their knowledge and skills for good governance. Topics include:
• The Role and Legal Responsibilities of a Board and Directors
• Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest
• Efficient Board and Committee meetings
• Priority Results Agendas and Minutes
• Decision-Making Processes
• Monitoring and Measuring Performance
In today’s not-for-profit and social enterprise world, everyone from government to foundations, angel investors, consumers, and volunteers want to know what kind of a difference is being made by our organizations. It is important to be able to demonstrate the value and impact of the work we are doing, and this goes beyond anecdotal stories, to the measurement of impact and social return on investment.
Included in this interactive workshop are topics such as:
Conflict in any workplace can have staggering consequences. Through interactive presentations, group discussions, and case studies the workshop will help you:
Identify why and how conflicts arise and what you can do to prevent them;
Understand and use interest-based processes and skills that can turn a conflict from a negative experience into an opportunity for personal and organizational growth;
Discover practical resources to help you develop preventative policies and practices.
© Copyright 2021. All Rights Reserved.